Essentials to include on an artist website
Music
Contact information
Links to social media
Photos
News sections - upcoming tour dates, new albums etc.
Bio information - Details about the artist
Feedback section - somewhere for fans to leave comments for the artist to know what works and what doesn't.
Learning comment
From this task I have learnt the importance of websites for an artists success. A website can promote an album but also praise fans. It can be used to advertise concerts and gigs and to sell merchandise. It is the homepage for everything a fan need to know about a band. However, the websites I have looked at all seem to be carefully co ordinated with the bands genre and brand identity. One of the key features of the websites I looked at was the use of colour. The colour scheme used was the most obvious hint towards the genre of music all these bands played and therefore has provided me with more knowledge on the appropriate use of colour for a specific genre of music. In addition to this I learnt that the popularity of the band does have an impact on their websites. For example I found that the less popular artists had websites which were more immersive for their fans. This may be because in allowing their fans to contact them they make their fans feel valued where as fans of more popular bands may not need that level of encouragement. This will be something I have to keep in mind when designing my website in relation to my artists popularity.
No comments:
Post a Comment