The first thing I did in photoshop was trace the digipak template. This is so that I got all the dimensions right but didn't get confused by all the test and lines.
The first picture I added was a close up:
However, I felt that it focused so much on the bear that the attention may be drawn away from the artist. Therefore, I decided to use a long shot of the bear in a similar position:
You'll notice here that I also made the photo black and white. This is because I though tit might be more representative of the indie rock genre if the inner sleeve was entirely black and white whilst the outer sleeves had colour. in addition to this, I also felt this would draw away from the bear to pull the focus back onto the main artist.


I also tried using the photo as the album cover which also worked well. The audience feedback I received was that the album name and band name did not look similar hence why I changed the colour. I also attempted to use the photo t create the text which I also felt worked. However, I would prefer to use a photo of the artist for the cover as I do think this is more representative of the indie rock genre. This is therefore the photo I will use for the right inner sleeve rather than the front cover.


I also tried using the photo as the album cover which also worked well. The audience feedback I received was that the album name and band name did not look similar hence why I changed the colour. I also attempted to use the photo t create the text which I also felt worked. However, I would prefer to use a photo of the artist for the cover as I do think this is more representative of the indie rock genre. This is therefore the photo I will use for the right inner sleeve rather than the front cover.



No comments:
Post a Comment