Research

Sunday, 16 July 2017

Analysis of digipak adverts - 4



Things to include in a digipak advert: 

Artist name 
Album name 
Main image 
Tour dates 
Brand identity
Album release date 
Ratings and reviews 
Where to purchase the digital 
Websites 
Slogan which will entice users to purchase album - "features no 1 single.." 

Learning comment 


From this task I have learnt that the design of a digital advert is imperative to the success of the album. This is because in order for the digital to be a success it must be advertised in a way which will appeal to the target demographic of the artist and their music. For example, one of the key things I felt was important on these adverts was the use of colour. I felt that the colour used gives viewers a clear idea of which genre the music belongs to and therefore ultimately decides whether the user will purchase the digipak. However, I felt that camera angles used were also a strong persuader for a viewer to buy the album. An example of this is the low angle shot used on Lana Del Rey which portrayed her as a strong female artist. I think that even if a person did not like her genre of music, they may purchase the album out of respect for her or out of curiosity of what she has to say. In addition, the font used is also vital to the success of the digipak. I learnt that the artists name is always larger than the album name in order to encourage fans of previous albums to purchase this new one. These are all things I will have to think about in relation to each other when I come to design my own digipak advert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...