Research

Friday, 8 September 2017

Music video analysis - 7.2



                         

Learning comment


From this I have learnt that the style of video can have a huge impact on the codes and conventions used in a video. For example I found that a lot of narrative based video included a wide range of props and locations in comparison to the concept and performance based ones. However, the concept based videos seemed to include a wider range of characters than narrative based videos which usually focused on one main protagonist. And finally, one thing the performance based videos excelled in was the editing techniques used. I felt that the style of editing transformed what could have been a predictable video into a more exciting ingenious one. In particular, one of the videos I really enjoyed was Charlie XCX- Boys. This is because I enjoyed the comical use of reversed male gaze which I thought was an interesting thought provoking concept for what could have been a stereotypical video. I would like to consider creating a concept based video myself, however, I will first have to come up with an idea which will be interesting enough to feature throughout the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...