Research

Sunday, 14 January 2018

A plan for my digipak poster

To gain a greater understanding of the conventions of a digipak poster I looked at the scripts digital poster: 

Conventions I identified: 
Band Name 
Album Name 
Release date 
Photo of band which is representative of the album 

This enabled me to create a rough plan for my own digipak poster:



This idea was inspired by this artwork that I found online. I used a key element which I think worked considerably well in their piece and applied it to my own. The idea was to link the text to a solid coloured background. I think this worked really well as it draws attention to that specific bit of text.I also liked the contrasting colour scheme and would like to try that in my own digipak poster. 


I concluded that the dimensions of the digipak poster was that of an A4 piece of paper. This is therefore the template I used in photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...