Research

Sunday, 14 January 2018

Album name progression

The album name is Half Apart because I do think it will link with the photos I plan on taking. Also it does suit the music genre of the songs. 

When choosing a font for the digipak poster and album, I will choose a font which is suitable for both. This means that the font needs to be bold to be noticeable when it links with the solid coloured background and must be a similar style to the bands name so that it fits with the brand identity of the artist. 

Choice 1:


I chose this as I feel that it is bold enough. However, I am unsure whether it will match with the font I have used for the band name. I would like to continue searching for a font for the album name but will continue to look at sans serif fonts. 

Choice 2:

Although I think this font will look more appropriate next to the band name, I am unsure of whether it is bold enough. Therefore, I would like to try it before I decide to use it. 

I did not think the two fonts worked together at all. 

Choice 3: 

I thought that because this font was a similar style to the band names font that it would work. However, although it looked better than choice 2 it still did not work:


Finally I decided to take a look back at choice 1 which I thought was too bold to work. I discovered that the reason the fonts did not look good together was because they were different colours. When they were both the same colour they fit together better: 


I have decided that a bolder font would be better for the album name despite my earlier assumptions. That is why I have chosen the same font but spaced out the letters: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...