Research

Tuesday, 21 November 2017

Digipak editing practice - layering images and cutting out backgrounds.

Original photos: 

For the photo shoot aspect of my design I had Ellie hold up two pieces of paper so that when it came to editing I would easily be able to select the area I needed to delete. By making Ellie hold the paper it would look more realistic that she was holding images of herself up. 

The first step was to import the images into photoshop. I then selected the area (The paper) and deleted it. In order for the section to look more crisp I made the selected area more square like. 



Secondly, I selected a portion of the image from the other photo I took which I was missing due to the blank space and put them in that space. I resized the image to look distorted. 

Next, I selected a portion of the very same image, cut it out and enlarged it. This was so that my image could be more interesting and therefore eye catching. 


Finally I resized the imported images appropriately so that the artist was still identifiable. I felt this was important for the sake of brand identity and iconography. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...