Research

Wednesday, 8 November 2017

Digipak inspiration - Illustrative images

For my album cover, I will look to create something which is unique and stands out. However, it still needs to be representative of the bands genre in order to appeal to the target demographic. Because the alternative rock genre typically covers meaningful topics, I think it is important that my digipak conveys this in an artistic way. Below are some albums which I felt completed this to a high standard and are eye catching:

        

      

All the album covers above are created differently. For example some of them are drawings and painting whilst others are photos, in some cases there is a mix of both. However, despite these differences they all have a clear message. An example of this is the bottom right album named "how do you feel". The image of the man with split images of himself demonstrates that he does not know how he feels and therefore this may be something explored in the album. A lot of the album images are subtly illustrative of the title and this is definitely something I would like to do in my own digipak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...