Research

Friday, 17 November 2017

Layover font

Although this font is serif and is appropriate for the indie rock genre, I don't think it is bold enough for the audience to still see the footage behind the text. 

This text is an improvement from the previous but is less exciting. We will continue to look for fonts as inspiration. 


Although this text is too thin and is not appropriate for the style of music, I do like the lines used between the text. I will apply this to the previous font to create the ideal layover font for our video and genre. 


In photoshop I added the lines to the text. I also changed the colour of the text to green so that on iMovie we will be able to select 'cutaway green' so that our video footage can be seen in place of the text. I chose a black background for the text so that the footage text would stand out and be easy to read. I think the design allows the audience to clearly identify the name of our song, see the footage underneath and provides a perfect introduction to our video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...