Research

Thursday, 9 November 2017

Music video inspiration - Costume


One of the elements that makes this video most appealing is the use of costume. The use of this element of mine en scene has a crucial impact on the feel and mood of the video. For example, if the costume were to have been an exact elephant replica - the video would have lost its comedic value. By creating a unique and cartoon elephant costume the video was able to give a visual background to the song by covering a serious topic comically. However, the video is suggesting that the protagonist is the elephant. In our video if we were to use a similar style of costume I think it would be best if we were to use the costume but still ensure that the character appears human. This is because I feel it is important for our target demographic to still relate to the characters in the video as well as use it as a form of escapism. One of many ways we could achieve this is by only dressing half our protagonist in an animal costume. Another way this could be accomplished is through covering a topic which people will have experienced; therefore demonstrating that the protagonist is human. This will allow us to use unique and interesting costumes whilst also making the video relatable to the target demographic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...