Research

Tuesday, 7 November 2017

Genre research - 16
















Learning comment 

From this I have learnt the conventions of a typical music video of the alternative genre. The genre predominantly uses close ups which is something I will have to think about using when I create my own music video. I came to the conclusion that close ups were used to illustrate the emotion the characters were feeling which was important when considering the topics explored in the videos (cheating, domestic violence and a group of friends having fun). The fashion and props of all videos were all very 'normal'. The clothing and props were not shocking as I expected but instead conveyed a sense of normalacy. In addition to this I found that most of the videos were narrative based. The narrative based half of the videos were also focused on serious topics such as domestic violence. This has taught me to explore a deeper meaning behind a song and therefore I would like to analyse the lyrics of the song I choose so that I can pair it with a meaningful concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reconstructing the digipak

Text Colour scheme Images For the reconstruction of the digipak, I decided to use bolder colours compared to the washed out ones I us...