Learning comment
From completing this task I have been able to understand the importance of symbolism within our video. This is because from using animal heads which represent our characters personalities we allow the audience to relate and identify with the actors making the video feel a lot more personal. This is something that was very important to us when planning the video because of the sensitive topic that we are covering. I also discovered that symbolism can relate to a lot of media theories. For example, through using a lion head for our black female protagonist we are reinforcing Bell Hooke's theory that black women are shown as being strong and independent. Completing this task has also allowed me and Charlotte to begin planning our shot lists. This is because we want the costume of the characters to reflect what our protagonist sees in them; the character wearing the bear mask can see her boyfriend (the bear) as threatening. Therefore, in order to make this clear we have decided to use a number of point of view shots. Using this type of shot will also immerse the viewer into the video and make them feel included in the narrative. To conclude, I have learnt the importance that symbolism can have because it can suggest an idea without directly mentioning it. This is something I have decided to explore through the use of costume.

No comments:
Post a Comment